We are pretty picky about our TVs, which is the reason we have spent over 500 hours examining and reviewing more than 40 sets since over a year to discover the best TVs in 2020.
After examining dozens of smart TVs, we decided to go for LG C9OLED TV as our best 4K model. It is the best because it offers the best combination of picture and sound, a truly intelligent smart TV experience and decidedly sleek design.
There are many other good TVs you can get out there, especially the ones you can get at an affordable price. The list of the best budget 4K TVs will be listed below as follows;
Best Budget 4K TV 2020
LG C9 OLED TV
This 4K TV wowed us in many ways than one, with a best in a class OLED display, extremely good features and a design that appears impressive even when the TV is not on.
The OLED display is the best we have seen on a 4K TV, with extremely good color reproduction, precision lighting, and unbeatable black levels. If you join this brilliant performance with strong sound quality and cutting edge connectivity, then the C9 OLED is obviously the best TV we have reviewed.
- Impeccable OLED display
- Best in class performance
- Solid smart TV features
- It is expensive
Vizio M Series Quantum
This 4k TV delivers a premium quantum dot display for an affordable price and adds SmartCast 3.0 – Vizio’s evolving smart TV platform – to enable it the best TV you will get for under a thousand dollar.
With some of the features, the M series Quantum has an impressive picture quality and also a great HDR performance.
- It is a flexible smart TV
- It includes free content
- Decent audio quality and
- Local dimming for great HDR performance
- It has a blah remote design and
- There is a limited app option on the TV.
TCL 6-Series 65-inch Roku TV
This 4k TV is one of the best bargains in the TV world. It offers a great smart TV experience and shockingly, it has a high level of quality from top to bottom which can be gotten at a thousand dollar.
The Roku TV platform is one of our favorites for smart TVs, offering a large option of apps and content and also intuitive navigation and enough fun features.
- It has great picture quality
- It has an impressive backlight with 120 dimming zones
- It is an imperfect off-angle viewing and
- There is no private listening headphone jack on the remote.
TCL 5-Series Roku Smart 4K TV
Extremely good things can come also in small and affordable packages. As a matter of fact, this 4K TV is our pick for the best cheap TV overall. It is usually smaller than the 65-inches you can see above, but with an attractive price at 500 dollars, great picture, and sound quality, this 43-inch model is certainly a great deal. You can also find bigger sizes which are almost of the same price.
- It is super affordable
- The design is sleek
- It has great color reproduction and accuracy
- It is better than the average Roku experience
- It has the limited port option and
- The backlight is inconsistent
Samsung Q90 QLED TV
This 4K TV is the best premium 4K LCD TV on the market and a valid alternative to OLED. The dot technology of this TV continues to close the gap with OLED, offering premium picture quality so good that we had to compare the two side by side to know the differences.
This TV also has some shockingly smart features that no one else offers, like AMD’s FreeSYnc for optimized gaming.
- It has a fantastic picture quality with bright colors and deep blacks
- It is a rich and smart TV platform, with an exclusive Apple TV app
- It comes with a clean design with Samsung One Connect Box
- There is no Dolby Vision and
- There are no standard HDMI 2.0 ports
Insignia 43-inch 4k Fire TV Edition
Amazon often makes an attempt to make Fire TV a competitor to Roku, and that is finally happening with this TV brand. After some disappointments at the past level, the insignia made us sit up and observe the after a respectable performance for an affordable price.
- It is an affordable 4k smart TV
- It has HDR support and
- It is a built-in Alexa voice assistant
- There are no far-fields mics for Alexa and
- It is an annoying and frustrating ad.
Vizio P Series 65 inch P65-F1
It is largely known that this 4K TV is famous with the cost and cord-cutting crowd, thanks to cheap prices and a good number of free content choices that come built into the company smart TVs.
This 4K panel offers 120-Hz refresh rates, extremely good backlighting with local dimming and an impressive number of HDMI ports for connecting other devices.
- It has excellent picture quality
- It has a local dimming with 100 zone backlighting and
- It has an antenna connection and turner
- There is limited local app support and
- There is no voice assistant.
Sony X950G 75-inch Android TV
Television sets are getting bigger than ever but they are sometimes not great. Fortunately, this 4K TV manages to prevent most of the big screen pitfalls, delivering better picture quality than most 4K TV, wide viewing angles and a feature set that is just as impressive as the 75-inch display.
- It is an excellent Android TV 8.0
- It has improved remote control and
- It has a strong feature set
- It has weak volume and bass.