If you happen to be a teenager or a student schooling in every part of the world, shopping for a laptop would certainly be one of your life goals. However, not every laptop is designed for students to use.
The best laptop for students should be able to deliver the performance needed by students to do their schoolwork as well as other extracurricular and leisure activities such as gaming, video call/chatting, watching movies, listening to music, surfing the web and also, keeping you hooked to your social media handles.
Purchasing a laptop can be pricey and may empty your savings account. Preferably, you can check out our guide on the best laptops for college students. All laptops featured in this guide perfectly fits into any type of budget.
Dell XPS 13
The Dell XPS 13 is rated high as one of the best laptops for students. It is a laptop suited for daily use and alternatively, they can be used by professionals and casual users.
In this laptop, Dell addresses the issue of the webcam by placing it in a favourable position. The previous model “nose cam” allows people to stare at your nostrils when video chatting. However, the case is different with the Dell XPS 13 laptop as it repositions the webcam to the place where it belongs.
- CPU: Intel Core i3/Core i5/Core i7.
- GPU: Intel UHD 620.
- RAM: 4GB/8GB/16GB.
- Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB/2TB.
- Display: 13.3-inch, 1080p or 4K.
- Size: 11.9 x 7.8 x 0.5 inches.
- Weight: 2.7 pounds
- Webcam in a reasonable location.
- Strong performance.
- Slim, lightweight design.
- Stunning 4K display.
- Powerful laptop for students.
- No HDMI or USB Type-A ports.
- The battery life could be improved.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
Indisputably, Surface Laptop 2 is one of the best laptops for students. It is designed with a stellar screen, a sleek ultraportable with a top-notch build. Also, the battery life is awesome and has been hailed for its long-lasting performance.
The major downside of this laptop is that it lacks ports. However, it will be anle to get all your tasks done with no hitches.
- CPU: 8th-gen Intel Core i5-i7.
- Storage: 128GB – 1TB SSD.
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620.
- RAM: 8GB – 16GB.
- Screen: 13.5-inch, 2256 x 1504.
- PixelSense touch display.
- Outstanding battery life.
- Compact, trim design.
- Superior build quality.
- Sharp touch display.
- Huge performance boost.
- No Windows 10 S.
- A limited selection of ports.
- Touchpad clicks are loud.
- No Thunderbolt 3.
Microsoft Surface Go
Microsoft Surface Go is an excellent option for students looking to get a cheap laptop. One of the reasons why the Surface Go laptop is recommended for students is that it is able to handle lightweight computing tasks.
Also, it is very portable, which makes it easy for students to carry about for their daily computing needs. Asides that, it can be transformed into a tablet for recreational and entertainment sessions.
The Microsoft Surface Go is a great buy for anyone who is looking for an affordable laptop without breaking his or her bank.
- CPU: Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615.
- RAM: 4GB – 8GB.
- Screen: 10-inch, 1,800 x 1,200.
- PixelSense touch display.
- Storage: 64GB eMMC – 128GB SSD
- It comes at an affordable price.
- Lightweight design.
- Incredibly portable.
- Extremely versatile (2-in-1 laptop/tablet)
- Fantastic build quality.
- Pentium CPU.
- It only handles lightweight computing.
Dell XPS 15
The Dell XPS 15 comes with a large, sharp display and it retains a strong processor which allows students to take down notes and run complex programs in the lab.
The 2023 model of the Dell XPS 15 moved the webcam to a better position. It comes with long battery life, so it won’t turn off when its in use. It is also designed to be lightweight & slim laptop which can be carried along from lecture halls to laboratories.
- CPU: Intel Core i5/Core i7/Core i9.
- GPU: Intel UHD 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650.
- RAM: 8GB/16GB/32GB.
- Storage: 256GB/512GB/1TB.
- Display: 15.6-inch, 1080p or 4K.
- Size: 14.1 x 9.3 x 0.7 inches.
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Dazzling 4K display.
- Striking 4K OLED display.
- Strong CPU and GPU performance.
- Improved webcam.
- Slim design.
- Plenty of horsepowers.
- Portable for a 15-inch laptop.
- It is a bit heavy.
- Average battery life
Microsoft Surface Pro 6
While the Dell XPS 15 is an ideal choice for medical and science students, the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is an excellent choice for law students and other college students who need to carry a PC around campus.
Surface Pro 6 comes with a battery life which lasts for a long time. Also, it has excellent performance and excellent touch displays. Also, you can effortlessly turn this laptop into a tablet with the addition of the Surface Pen and Type Cover.
Although the Surface Pen and Type Cover cost extra, however, they can be helpful when you need to take down quick notes or write legal briefs.
- Excellent performance.
- Comfortable keyboard.
- Vivid, bright display
- Awesome battery life.
- Quad-core processors.
- No USB-C port.
- Slow SSD.
Acer Chromebook 15
Undisputedly, the Acer Chromebook 15 is the best student laptop in 2023 running on Chrome OS. It comes at a ridiculously cheap rate which wouldn’t empty your savings account.
Apart from running on the Chrome OS, it delivers a supersonic and responsive user experience. The 15.6-inch screen laptop is a delight to use, however, the speakers are quite poor. The Chromebook 15 remains one of the best student laptops for students who are working on a budget.
- CPU: Intel Celeron 3205U 1.5GHz (dual-core).
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics.
- RAM: 4GBScreen: 15.6-inch, 1,920 x 1,080 pixels
- Storage: 32GB SSD.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity.
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Camera: 720p.
- Weight: 4.85 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.08 x 9.65 x 0.95-inc
- Amazing monitor.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Attractive and affordable price.
- Flat speakers.
- Big and heavy.
Huawei MateBook X Pro
Virtually all students may be tempted to get an Apple MacBook. Alternatively, the MateBook X Pro is also one of the most powerful student laptops you can buy in 2023. Regardless of the course or field of study you, this laptop has the properties that will serve you through your lengthy period in school,
Students with serious studying needs can check out the Huawei MateBook X Pro which is designed with a meaty Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB GDDR5 GPU, a strong battery and a lovely 13.9-inch 3K display. Other features of this laptop are listed as follows;
- CPU: Intel Core i5/Core i7.
- GPU: Intel UHD 620/GeForce MX150.
- RAM: 8GB/16GB.
- Storage: 256GB/512GB.
- Display: 13.9-inch, 3000 x 2000-pixel.
- Size: 12 x 8.5 x 0.6 inches.
- Weight: 2.9 pounds
- Clean and vibrant display.
- Impeccable battery performance.
- Gorgeous 3:2 display.
- Great keyboard and touchpad.
- Slim, premium design.
- Poorly built webcam.
Huawei Matebook 13
The Huawei MateBook 13 is classified as one of the best laptops in 2023 for high school and college students. It is designed in a light and compact body which makes it easy for you to carry in your backpack or bag from class to class.
Also, the stunning 13-inch Ultrabook offers a fast performance which ensures that your computing needs are done in style.
Well, the Matebook 13 is affordable and won’t leak your pocket when you purchase it.
- CPU: 8th-generation Intel Core i5 – i7.
- Storage: 256GB – 512GB SSD
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce MX150 (optional), Intel UHD Graphics 620,
- RAM: 8GB,
- Screen: 13.3-inch 2K (2,560 x 1,440).
- Touch Panel Screen.
- Extremely affordable.
- Recommended for college students.
- Powerful performance.
- Limited to 8GB of RAM
HP Envy x360 (2023)
If you prefer going for any HP laptop, you can check out the 13-inch HP Envy x360 laptop. This system comes with a slim and sleek design which gives it a decent look.
It ensures that you get up to 9 hours of video playback; it is also great for intensive gaming and video editing. Basically, it can handle your computing needs such as writing essays, surfing the net to make your research, putting out a budget spreadsheet.
When your day is over, you can flip this laptop into tend mode. The 12.2-inch screen allows you to enjoy watching blockbuster movies on Netflix or YouTube
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300U – AMD Ryzen 7 3700U.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 6 – Radeon Vega 10.
- RAM: 8GB – 16GB.
- Screen: 13.3″ diagonal FHD IPS (1,920 x 1,080).
- Storage: 256 GB – 1TB SSD
- It is versatile.
- Slim and sleek look.
- 2-in-1 laptop.
- High-quality chassis.
- Impressive battery life.
- The CPU performance is merely adequate.
- Graphics performance disappointing
Apple MacBook Air
Apple refreshes the 2018 Macbook Air with this model which comes with a reliable and comfortable keyboard.
The 2023 Apple MacBook Air is the best student laptop for all Apple/Mac fans who are running on a budget. This version is made with a lovely design, an excellent screen and it comes at a cheap price.
- CPU: 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5.
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 617.
- RAM: 8GB – 16GB.
- Screen: 13.3” (2,560 x 1,600).
- Retina display.
- Storage: 128GB – 1TB SSD.
- Weight: 1.25 kg
- Connectivity: USB-C (USB 3.1).
- Great screen display
- Thin, sleek, and light design.
- Excellent design and build quality.
- Large, accurate touchpad.
- Powerful battery life.
- Fingerprint reader.
- It lacks enough storage space.