As refrigerators become sophisticated, and unlike most other appliances that get smaller, they seem only to get bigger.
A Counter depth refrigerator fits snugly to your cabinets and counters and gives your kitchen a beautiful upscale look. They let you avoid the annoying massive appliance look by hiding in plain sight.
You can also use your counter depth refrigerator to enhance the look of the dining area. A good refrigerator should not only be as cheap as possible, but the quality must be top-notch.
This review focuses on refrigerators that can keep a consistent temperature, has some extra utilities, and are designed beautifully.
Buying a counter depth refrigerator can easily prove overwhelming if you do not know how to identify quality products.
Best Counter Depth Refrigerator 2020
1. Frigidaire Gallery FGHC2331PF
We’ll start with the 22.6 cubic-foot mid-ranged refrigerators called Frigidaire Gallery. As a Frigidaire product, not only are you assured of excellent quality but also guaranteed an Energy Star-rating.
It is big enough for most families, spacious, and has an incredible smudge-resistant finish. Most of its compartment is easily customizable, and it scores excellently in noise reduction and efficiency.
- 6 cubic-foot in size
- 325 pounds in weight
- 72 x 38 x 33-inch diameters
- Energy Star Certified
- Has a smudge-proof and fingerprint-resistant finish
- Quiet and efficient
- Relatively light
- Easily customized
- No feet lock
- The ice maker is fudgy
2. Whirlpool WRF974CIHV
WRF974CIHV is not only innovative and sophisticated, but it is also highly practical in design. It is a mid-range sized refrigerator with a capacity of 23.8 cubic foot.
Whirlpool spots a smudge, fingerprint-resistant finish that can be cleaned easily. This fridge has a standard door within door design that lets you access all your favorites easily.
It also comes with Auto-Humidity crispers and Infinity slide shelf.
- Mid-range in size
- Excellent design
- Popular manufacturer for quality assurance
- Not a popularly chosen model
- Can get loud after a few months
3. Samsung RF18HFENBSR
Samsung RF18HFENBSR is a 33-inch fridge with an 18 cubic-foot storage capacity. Not only is it significantly cheaper than other models its size, but it is also famed for its reliability.
It is designed for single-use and not families, and it excels in this role. Samsung can store up to 18 bags of foodstuff and is equipped with fast-freeze options.
- 33-inch dimension
- Twin cooling system
- 18 cubic-foot capacity
- Twin Crisper drawer
- Cheap and reliable
- Separate cooling for fridge and freezer
- Has an in-built icemaker
- Too small
- According to some reports, the finish wears off
4. LG LFXS30766S
While this LG model is not cheap, it has enough quality to be worth the money. It is available in two colors and is significantly larger than other fridges of this range.
LG comes with the innovative Slim SpacePlus Ice System and can hold upwards of 22 bags of groceries.
- 353 pounds in weight
- 30 cubic-foot capacity
- 2 x 35.8 x 70.2-inch dimensions
- Energy Star-certified
- It is a smart Wi-Fi enabled fridge
- Smudge and fingerprint-resistant finish
- 10-year limited warranty
- Has a smart cooling system
- The water and Ice filter protection can last up to six months
- Not durable or long-lasting in rugged use
- Warranty is for parts only
5. KitchenAid KFCS22EVMS
KitchenAid’s panel ready options help your refrigerator blend into the background as to become invisible.
It comes with an NSF certified EveryDrop water and ice filter, a max cool option, and holiday mode. KitchenAid is a high-end refrigerator that automatically senses and adjust your fridge and freezer temperature.
- 8 cubic-foot capacity
- 1 x 35.6 x 71.9-inch dimensions
- Water dispenser
- Frost free
- Smudge and fingerprint resistant finish
- Numerous panel ready options
- Adjustable glass shelves
- Easy to use
- Not a popular brand
- Difficult to repair
6. Danby DFF100C1BSLDB
Danby DFF100C1B is a medium-sized refrigerator of the Top-Mount model. It comes in two colors and holds all the basic refrigerator features.
Not only is it cheap and compact, but it also has independent electronic controls, large crispers, and adjustable glass shelves.
- Ten cubic-foot capacity
- 4 x 23.8 x 59.8-inch dimensions
- Freestanding and Top-mounted
- 130 pounds in weight
- Frost free
- Has a stainless-steel finish with two different colors
- Small, compact and cheap
- Reversible door hinges for easy access
- Frost-free operation with integrated handles and smooth design
- Has only basic features
7. EcoSolarCool Solar Refrigerator
If your greatest selling point is energy efficiency and size, then you can’t do better than EcoSolarCool.
A single solar can power it and it will seamlessly fit among your kitchen cabinets.
- 2 cubic-foot capacity
- Exclusive metal grey finish
- 15 Ampere Solar charge controllers
- Can be easily fitted to boats, buses, and more
- Green energy powered (Solar)
- Compact and efficient
8. Bosch B36CL80SNS
Bosch B36CL80SNS is a new manufacturer in the refrigerator business, but this model so impressed us it ended up here.
It spots a twin compressor that ensures the colder freezer air does not mingle with the warmer fridge air.
- 5 cubic-foot capacity
- 36-inch wide
- Has excellent humidity-controlled crispers
- The back is a metal for easier cold absorption
- Has super freeze capabilities and multiple air flows
- Ajar door notification and easy-to-clean finish
- Middle-sized for its price
- We can contest durability
9. Electrolux Icon E23BC79SPS
E23BC79SPS is a sophisticated refrigerator at the higher sized end of counter-depth fridges.
It has an excellent organization and temperature control without skimping on other features.
- 5 cubic-foot capacity
- 36-inch wide
- PureAdvantage filtration
- “My Favorite” setting option
- Can produce up to nine pounds of filtered ice a day
- “My Favorite” lets you store three temperature settings for certain items
- Large and powerful
- Has a Tri-level freezer and Wave-Touch control panels
- They often complain about durability
10. Frigidaire FGHD2368TD
Like all other Frigidaire models, FGHD2368TD got everything right except for the price.
- 9 cubic-foot capacity
- 36-inch wide
- PureSource Ultrafiltration
- SpillSafe flip-up and slide under shelves
- Cool-zone drawer
- Smudge-proof stainless-steel finish
- Ultra-filters for water, ice, and air
- Large and energy efficient
- The finish has been reported to smudge after a few months