Crossfit shoes go well for work out, and that’s because it helps protect and as well provide support during heavy lifts and jump exercises, as well as runs or rope climbs. We can safely say that CrossFit shoes are generally more substantial and more protective than a running shoe. Knowing that there are plenty of these shoes out there in the market, we have been tasked to come up with the best crossfit shoes of 2023.
Best Crossfit Shoes 2023
1. Reebok Crossfit Nano 8.0
The Reebok Crossfit Nano 8.0 is a must-have for every person who enjoys working out. The shoe provides comfort and offers robust protection to your ankle and forefoot. Putting on the Nano 8.0 will help you push beyond any physical limits. The shoe also comes with toe protection, high abrasion rubber that grips the floor, and forefoot flex grooves give you flexibility and enhance your ability to balance.
- The shoe is comfortable
- The forefoot is flexible and efficient during plyometrics, sprints, and runs.
- The shoe is lightweight and breathable nature of the merchandise.
- Inexpensive considering its quality build and durability.
- The heel was described as stable by a lot of weightlifters.
- The upper was deemed supportive during lateral cuts by multiple purchasers.
- The roomy forefoot allows your toe to splay.
- The sock liner is removable. Meaning you can use custom orthotics.
- Causes heel slippage.
- The bumpers did not offer protection, especially during toes-to-bar and burpees.
2. Nike Free X Metcon
Nike Free X Metcon is a perfect workout shoe known for versatility, flexibility, and stability. The pump is considered the best-running shoe if sprint or jogging is your usual workout exercise. Thanks to the shoe’s lightweight and flexibility make it easy to run.
- The shoe is comfortable.
- Versatility and ability to keep up with various WODS.
- The trendy design of the shoe made it stylish enough for casual purposes.
- The snug fit of the upper prevents accidental heel slippage.
- It also has a support that the midsole provided.
- The footwear does not provide support for heavy loads due to the flexible and cushioned midsole.
- The shoelaces easily get untied
- Low-quality back strap and the outsole easily get destroyed during rope climbs.
3. Nike Metcon 4 XD
The Nike Metcon 4 XD is another choice of CrossFit shoe that you can buy. The pump is considered as the best training CrossFit shoe and is recommended for weightlifters. The shoe makes exercise gets even better, providing reliable support and comfortable fit. More so, wearing the shoe make you feel planted and stable.
- The shoe is suitable for all fitness exercises
- The shoe is not heavy but lightweight
- Comfortable and supportive for cross-training
- It offers stability and balance especially during squat and weightlifting exercises
- The fit and sizing is perfect
- The traction of the outsole provides a firm grip on various surfaces
- The durability is questionable as the sole unit detach quickly from the upper unit
- The heel section of the rearfoot quickly reduced causing slippage
- Produce squeaking sound after sometime
4. No Bull Trainer
The No Bull Trainer is a must-have CrossFit shoe that you should have in your shoe collection. It is one of the most comfortable shoes to put on daily and also has one of the unique designs. The CrossFit shoe is durable, reliable, convenient and waterproof as well. Thanks to the SuperFabric material and the tiny guard plates within the fabric.
- The shoe is versatile and a lengthy durability period.
- It is highly recommended for movement exercises such as running, walking, jogging and other strenuous tasks.
- Flexibility and steadiness
- Roomy toe box
- The traction of the outsole grips firmly
- The sole unit tends to be stiff and often cause foot pain
- The quality is questionable, especially the ripped tongue, frayed laces, and the insole slipped during a workout.
5. Adidas Powerlift 3.1
Adidas has consistently been in the business of producing quality, and highly rated conditioning wears. The Adidas Powerlift 3.1 is one of the company’s outstanding product. The shoe is not expensive compared to some on the list, the lower heel which helps weightlifters for a smooth transition. More so, the shoe comes with a single strap design, and it provides sufficient support and protection.
- Fits perfectly
- Does not allow too much pressure on the toe
- The traction outsole enhance protection
- The smug upper provides a lot of support for athletes
- The insole is too soft and flimsy
6. ASICS Gel-Quantum 180
The ASICS Gel-Quantum 180 is a to have CrossFit shoe for every athlete. The shoe has a rearfoot and forefoot gel technology cushioning system which weakens shock during impact and toe-off phases; trusstic system technology that help reduces the weight of the sole unit and as well help to retain the structural integrity of the shoe; not forgetting the ortholite sock liner which aids the Moisture management, and so many other features that will coy you to buy this shoe.
- Rearfoot Gel Cushioning in the heel for shock absorption
- It has premium cushioning with very noticeable spring
- Provides comfort
- The Gel Quantum is expensive.
- The shoe is slightly heavy
- Traction quickly becomes a little tricky when it gets wet.
- Wide heel
7. Nike Romaleo 3
This is the newest product of Nike’s weightlifting shoes and has turned out to be one of the Best CrossFit shoes. The Nike Romaleo 3 is an upgraded version of the Romaleo 2, and it is designed as a hybrid lifting shoe which implies that it can also be used for other activities. The Romaleos 3 shoe offers one strap in the middle of the shoe, and the Flywire material was used for the shoe to enhance the shoe’s flexibility and decrease their weight.
- Provides comfort during a weightlifting exercise
- The shoe’s heel is strong enough to offer great support during weight training.
- The shoe has interchangeable sole.
- The shoe is lightweight and incredible craftsmanship
- The tongue of the shoe quickly tore off after several workouts.
- Sole easily get peeled off
- The laces always got caught in the hook-and-loop strap.
8. New Balance Minimus 40 Trainer
This shoe is known for maximum cushioning as far as a traditional athletic shoe is a concern. The shoe provides athletes with maximum comfort; it is durable and offers maximum grip. The shoe is commendable for thorough exercise workouts such as jumping, running, and strength-based movements.
- The shoe’s versatility is commendable
- The low-profile midsole help instability throughout the workout
- The grippy and durable Vibram outsole.
- The shoe is comfortable to the feet
- The compression of the shoe’s midsole may not be compatible with serious weightlifting.
9. ASICS Conviction X2
The ASICS Conviction X2 is a preferable choice for athletes and workout trainers. The shoe will sure offer you comfort, and it is durable. The shoe was designed to foster your workout performance, and it is equipped with exciting features that will help you achieve that.
- The shoe is comfortable
- Perforated sock liner
- Unified construction
- The shoe is lightweight
- Narrow fit
- Cannot endure running for more than 800 meters
10. Inov8 F-lite 235 V2
This shoe cannot be overlooked but has to be among the best CrossFit shoes to have. The shoe works well. The shoe is known to offer a barefooted feel. The shoe is lightweight and flexible and an excellent grip as well.
- Natural foot-feel
- Provide sufficient support to improve form
- Shows sign of wear and tear