A long time ago, DSL modems were expensive devices provided by a few brands. However, these days, there is an increase in technological development and the widespread of modems in the market. Even more, the price has reduced as its quality and popularity increased. Unfortunately, what that means is that there is a wide range of DSL modems to pick from.
Well, we can be thankful to the market and the brains behind the widespread. Yet, picking one out of the numerous modems in the market will be a confusing task. Thankfully, this article reviews the best DSL modems in the market. We are certain that after reading this, you will have found the best modem for yourself. Below is our pick.
Best DSL Modem 2022
NETGEAR C3000-100NAS N300
The Netgear modem is your best pick if you are a gamer or love to stream and download heavy content. For a start, it is a durable, user-friendly device. it also comes in a sleek and compact design.
The device has an exceptional variety of features which makes it the most popular and well-performing modem in the market. First, its of 300mps data transfer speed and it comes with two LAN ports. Also, the device is highly beneficial to all kinds of mobile devices.
- Fast data transfer speed
- Easy to use for beginners
- Comes with installation guide
- Good for gaming and HD streaming
- Features parental control functionality
- Slightly pricey
The TP-LINK ADSL2+ is best for beginners and a large number of connections. It also comes with a two-year warranty and a user-friendly tech support. Even more, the device has a sleek design and is suitable for online streaming, heavy downloading and connection of multiple devices. It is worth mentioning that this modem comes with easy and fast functionality.
- Very easy to use
- Quick and automatic installation/startup
- Lightweight in construction and has a sleek design
- Has a good download speed of 24 Mbps
- Versatile application with its various QoS policies
- Connnection drop sometimes occur
The Netgear AC1200 is renowned for its ease of setup. Specifically, it comes with a setup guide that aids in boosting internet speed for smoother runs than rental WIFI and DSL routers.
Even more, It has versatile features such as Qos, setup guide, sleek design and also light indicators. Also, the device stands out as has different compatibilities and can also connect to cable modems.
- Easy to setup
- LED indicators for signal status
- Will remain compatible for a long time.
- Versatile features for better streaming
- Versatile design permits it to be connected to cable modems too.
- Poor customer support
- Not durable.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900
The Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 is an advanced, reliable, and sleek designed device. Precisely, it comes in a 3 in 1 design. Thus, it can function as a router, modem and also a Gigabit switch. That is a rare feature amongst modems. Lastly, the device is easy to use, and it is suitable for large homes.
- High WiFi and modem speed
- 3 in 1 design ensures versatility
- Reduces, need and cost of rental modems
- Compatible with several providers including Comcast and Xfinity
- Has ideal range, making it a good choice for medium to large-sized homes
- Poor customer support
- Some buyers received defective products
CenturyLink ZyXEL PK5001z
The device is great for users who have CenturyLink as their provider and it features reliable functionality, versatile design as well as light indicators. It’s ideal for users who love to stream in HD at a reasonable speed and it also features an easy to use functionality. Also its not recommended for those who love to connect lots of devices at once but it certainly has good internet speed.
- Relatively Cheap
- Good wireless data transfer rate
- Lightweight construction and design
- Stable and consistent signal strength
- Has light indicators to show the device’s status
- Issues related to defective product delivery
Netgear DGND3700 N600
This modem has a great aesthetic. Even more, it is sturdily built and of exceptional performance. The best part? It is a versatile device that is compatible and cheaper than renting modems from a service provider.
- Compatible with cable fiber modems
- Has a sleek and good-looking appearance
- Includes a NETGEAR genie for user help
- Features a fast and strong dual-core processor
- Recommended for gaming and HD streaming uses
- Not the most durable and long-lasting product
- Might not work with other brands, such as Century Link
The Motorola modem is a renowned and reliable brand in the market. It’s a sleek and wireless device that is efficient and more advanced. Yet, it is user-friendly. This device is recommended to cover small to medium size areas. Although, it is not a good option for HD streaming and gaming as data transfer is not 100mps. Overall, it has incredible functionality and versatile compatibility.
- Customer support is satisfactory
- Backed by a generous warranty
- Has a sleek, modern and wireless design
- Versatile compatibility with various brands
- Setup wizard makes installation quick and easy
- Might not last for a very long time
- Not recommended for CenturyLink
The Motorola VDSL2/ADSL2+ stands because of its versatility of use. For a start, it features a wireless and sleek design router. More, it is polished with a shiny finish. Hence, a great value for its money.
In all, the device is recommended for people in small houses and can share light data. Sadly, it is not suitable for gaming, HD streaming or high speed downloading.
- Lightweight design
- It has built-in VPN functionality
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Compatible with a versatile range of brands
- Cost-saving alternative with a built-in router
- Wireless design reduces the challenge of managing wires
- Very mediocre data transfer rate
The Asus modem features a DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 cable modem with a dual-band wireless AC2600 Wi-Fi router. Thus, producing great performance. Even more, at an affordable price. This device also comes preconfigured with a unique network (SSID) found at the bottom of the router. Finally, it provides many features like parental control, Aicloud, guest network, traffic monitor, multiple ports and so on.
- Features parental control
- The MINO technology makes it a great choice for houses with multiple devices
- Features the AiRadar beamforming technology
- Compatible with most cable Internet providers
- The instructions on connection are not comprehensible
- Can get pretty hot easily
Zoom Telephonics 5363
The Zoom Telephonics 5363 uses the latest technology ( version 3.0 of DOCSIS). Even more, it bonds 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels.
Specifically, this modem has a download speed of up to 343 mps, 122.8 mps for upload speed. Further, it’s WIFI speed can reach 1300mps. Lastly, it supports IPv6 and IPv4 for addressing flexible IP and also features parental control, guest network access, advanced firewall protection, etc.
- Great WiFi coverage
- Easy to set up
- Strong signal
- Not very attractive user interface
- There’s no USB port
- It is not compatible with Charter and Cablevision