The best electric tankless water heater is going to save you resources, while maintaining efficiency. Buying a good model is a worthwhile investment, as tankless electric water heaters are more efficient and have a longer life than their gas and tank counterparts. Below is a review of the latest and affordable electric tankless water heaters.
Best Electric Tankless Water Heater 2023
Bosch WH27 Tronic
Is a compact yet reliable tankless electric water heater with a maximum 3.3 GPM at a 55 degrees F temperature rise.Bosch promises a 97% efficiency rating with an enhanced scale resistance and minimal standby loss. It has electrical requirements of 120 amps circuit protection through three 40-amp circuit breakers.
- It can be installed anywhere and can be used for residential or commercial applications.
- Has an element modulating control unit that provides a constant output temperature.
- It heats water quickly and efficiently.
- It’s lightweight and a space saver.
- Some users report a delay of about 30 seconds.
- Cost of repair may be more expensive than the cost of the unit.
2. Stiebel Eltron Tempera 29 Plus
The Tempra 29 Plus, like others in the Plus series, has a digital temperature display and a knob for adjusting the output temperature from 86 degrees F to 140 degrees F. It has a maximum flow of 8.0 GPM, but it depends on the initial temperature of the water. It has electrical requirements of 240 Volts and 100 amps through two 50-amp circuit breakers. This heater comes with a 7-year leakage warranty and a 3-year warranty for parts.
- It operates silently.
- It’s compact and it requires no venting, an advantage over other electric tankless water heaters.
- Advanced flow control delivers constant output temperature regardless of changes in the flow rate.
- The auto-modulating unit provides constant energy savings.
- More expensive than other options
3. Titan SCR2 N-120
It has the most power among other units in the SCR2 line-up, yet it has an energy rating of 99.5% that will allow you to save money over time. Also, it has a maximum flow rate of 4.0 GPM at a 20 degrees F temperature rise. It has a feature of a push button that’s used to set the temperature so that the heater displays as a low-to-high graph. It has a 10-year warranty on water-carrying components.
- It’s cheaper and easier to use than some electric tankless water heaters.
- It has a long warranty period.
- The sampling system delivers a constant output temperature by adjusting flow rate according to the input and output water temperatures.
- Its rendered useless in cold environments due to its high inlet water temperature.
- It has a high starting temperature of 105 F.
4. Rheem RTEX-13
It’s 99.8% energy efficient, and it offers endless hot water on demand for multiple applications or single point-of-use. It has an external thermostat with a LED display, showing the temperature so you can easily adjust to your desired level between 80 degrees F to 140 degrees F. It can easily deliver hot water to a shower sink and a kitchen respectively, and due to its maximum GPM of 4.0
- Has an economical price.
- It’s compact and a space saver.
- Unique design.
- Gives you maximum control over the temperature, allowing you to adjust by 1 degree F increments.
- It has durable heating elements.
- It’s not enough if you use multiple showers simultaneously.
5. Ecosmart ECO 27
It aids by the help of allowing owners to save up to 50% on water heating costs, as its possesses a 99.8% energy efficiency rating. It features a digital display with adjustable temperature between 80 degrees F and 140 degrees F. Its small size can deliver endless hot water to at least 2 showers at the same time or up to 4 showers plus a sink in hot climate. 27 kW, 240 volts, and 112.5 amps are the electrical requirements through three 40-amp breakers.
- Self-modulating technology results in bigger savings and high heater efficiency than some other tankless electric water heaters.
- The stainless steel and copper heating components are durable and efficient, and it offers easy replacement.
- You can adjust its temperature by 1-degree F increments.
- The sleek and compact design allows you to save space.
- Its complex warranty clauses may render the lifetime warranty useless.
6. Bosch Tronic 3000
As compared to other space heaters in the market, its unique as it does not consume electricity even if left on standby. 3.4 kW, 7.2 kW, 9.5 kW, and 12 kW are the models that it mostly comes in. Each one has a 98% efficiency rating with the 12 kW having a 1.8 GPM flow rate at a temperature rise of 45 degrees F or a 1.1 GPM at a temperature rise of 75 degrees F. It has a 5-year warranty on the heating component and a 1-year warranty on others.
- Its compact size makes it a great option for small spaces, such as under the sink.
- It requires less maintenance and has a long life.
- Its sleek design blends in with any decor.
- It allows you to save more as it consumes less energy while it produces more water.
- Its time consuming as it can only deliver to one sink at a time.
- It doesn’t work on showers with the exception of the 12 kW unit, which may be able to deliver an endless hot water supply.
7. SioGreen IR260
It has an infrared quartz element that keeps the taste of the water pure by ridding of the metallic taste that other electric tankless water heaters may produce. The water doesn’t have to make contact with the metal, preventing corrosion and build ups of calcium and lime scale. It has up to 1.5 GPM flow rate at a temperature increase of 30 degrees F, which can provide for one shower with an inlet water temperature of 62 degrees F to 77 degrees F.
- It’s relatively easy to install.
- It has a compact size relative to other electric tankless water heaters.
- Its stylish design blends in with any decor.
- It’s cost-saving due to zero maintenance cost.
- Its thermocouple temperature monitor ensures constant output temperature.
- It’s not ideal for a large household
8. Stiebel Eltron DHC E-12
Its 99% efficiency rating allows for up to 20% energy savings when comparing it to a tank water heater. It has a temperature knob that lets you adjust between 86 degrees F and 125 degrees F. It has a flow rate of 1.5 GPM, which is just enough for a hot shower.
- It’s easy to install due to modest electrical requirements.
- It’s small and compact, so it’s easy to fit into tight spaces.
- The self-modulating technology adjusts electricity usage depending on the needed amount of water, which saves on energy.
- It’s more affordable than other electric tankless water heaters.
- The plastic outer layer is susceptible to cracks.
- It’s not ideal for large homes.
- Some users reported a delay before hot water comes out
9. Rheem RTEX 18
It has a 99.8% energy efficiency rating It features an external thermostatic digital control with a LED display, which you can adjust between 80 degrees F to 140 degrees F. With a maximum flow rate of 4.4 GPM, it should be able to deliver hot water to 2 showers or 1 shower + 1 faucet in colder climates. 18 kW, 240 volts, and 75 amps are the electrical requirements it possesses.
- The self-modulation unit automatically adjusts the needed power to reach the desired temperature.
- It’s relatively easy to install and offers easy replacement.
- 1-degree F is the optimal temperature control increment it can offer.
- The copper-immersed heating elements increase durability.
- Users reported that it can’t keep up with two shower heads, producing lukewarm water.
10. Atmor AT-D18TP-AZ Thermopro
It comes with an IP54 certification, which means it’s safe against splashes. This allows you to install in near showers and sinks. It provides on-demand hot water supply without using power when not needed, resulting in up to 50% energy savings as opposed to a tank water heater. It also features a digital panel showing the temperature. Also, it has a maximum flow of 3.7 GPM, which is enough for 1 shower and 1 faucet.
- It’s ready for cold climates with an incoming water temperature of 37 degrees F with a flow rate of 1.9 GPM.
- It’s easy-to-install and easy-to-use.
- You can set the temperature in increments of 1-degree F.
- It’s not ideal for families that use two showers simultaneously.