Garage doors come in different options to suit your expectations with a wide range of prices. It’s important to note that when choosing your garage opener, it should suit your already installed door, as it’s can be challenging if you’re installing a system that has older doors.
Several garage door openers are relatively easy to install, although you may need to hire a professional if your knowledge of DIY projects is limited. It can be helpful to compare the different options available based on the price and features of each garage door opener. This can help you choose one that meets your needs and budget.
Best Garage Door Opener 2021
Chamberlain Group B970
The Chamberlain Group Garage Door Opener is an advanced technology that’s made up a durable design that features optimum power, capable of quickly opening and closing of any garage door.
It features a quiet motor that permits quietness during usage at any point in time whether day or night to avoid disturbing others in your home and it comes with a backup battery option for when the power goes out. Furthermore, it’s very compatible for most garage and most importantly, it’s easy to install.
– The motor is quiet but powerful
– Its remote is capable or still working 1,500 feet away.
– The motor has 1.25 HP which is higher than most other garage door openers
– This option is one of the pricier on the market
– Connecting this unit to your Wi-Fi can be challenging
The Chamberlain Group C450 Smartphone-Controlled garage door opener comes in a pewter colour that features a durable and long-lasting chain drive mechanism. The unit comes along with a 2 long range remote control and a wall panel that allows you to control the door from anywhere. Furthermore, this door opener can be always checked to make sure your home is secured even if you are away from home as it permits WIFI connection.
– Unit is very secure
– Includes remotes and a wall panel
– Remotes have a long range and can work up to 1,500 feet away
– Installation can prove difficult for those with no experience
– Unit is louder than many other garage door openers
Liftmaster 888LM Security+
The Liftmaster 888LM wall control unit is a major upgrade to the use of security+ 2.0. It provides you with more options like the usage of the Internet at home so you can control the door with your smart device. This unit is ideal for those that want the latest in security technology without upgrading the entire garage door opener. The unit is easy to program and use.
– Can be programed in minutes
– Unit is small and easy to install
– The panel includes a light for convenience
– It does not function as a stand-alone garage door opener but is instead designed to be used with existing systems.
– It’s not compatible with all Liftmaster garage door openers
The Chamberlain Group B550 garage door opener is designed for use with 7′ garage doors. It is an ultra-quiet door opener that avoids noise. It can also connect to your home WIFI network easily to check if the door opens, and it also permits the opening and closing of the door from anywhere through connecting to your smart phone. Furthermore, it’s easy to install, and it features a motor that has 1/2 HP that permits your door to open quickly when you need it to.
– Its steel reinforced belt is durable and designed to last
– The motor operates quietly but efficiently
– The remote range is up to 1,500 feet away
– It’s compatible with 7′ doors, other sizes need the extension kit which has to be purchased separately
– This option has a higher price than some other garage door openers
LiftMaster Garage Door Opener
The LiftMaster Garage Door Opener is very compatible with garage doors. The unit is designed to remain secure with the feature of a program that permits a personal 4-digit code to gain access to your garage. It has a panel that is designed in such a way that you can easily access your garage without using a remote control or key which makes entry access easy. Furthermore, the unit is easy to program and can be installed in minutes. Also, it’s very budget friendly.
– It’s easy to use and install
– It keeps your garage secure.
– Backlit keypad makes it easy to see the numbers in the dark
– It doesn’t include the garage door powering unit
– Only compatible with LiftMaster garage door openers
The Chamberlain Group B730 Ultra-Quiet & Strong garage door opener has a quiet and powerful motor that can be used any time of the day as it prevents noise while opening or closing the door. Its unit is designed for use with 7′ garage doors and features two remote controls and a wall panel that easily allows you to close and open your door. Furthermore, it’s made of quality materials designed to last for so many years.
– It’s a powerful motor that raises and lowers doors quickly
– Its motor is ultra-quiet to prevent disturbing others
– It’s remote has a range up to 1,500 feet
– This garage door opener is pricier than some other options
– It does not offer WiFi connectivity.
Genie ChainDrive 550
The Genie ChainDrive 550 Garage door opener is a budget friendly device that is designed for the use of 7′ garage doors. Interesting, you can as well purchase extension kits for the use of 8′ garage doors. It features a heavy duty chain that enhances durability and smooth opening of the garage doors. Furthermore, it features a two pre-programmed remote controls and a wall panel that permits you to easily open and close your doors.
– It comes with a wall panel to open or close the door from inside your garage
– It’s quite affordable when compared to other brands
– It’s compatible with Home Link and Car2U
– It doesn’t have a battery backup to use in case of power failure.
– It’s not compatible with your Wi-Fi.
The Chamberlain Group RJO20 Direct Drive Wall Mounted Space Saving Garage Door Opener has the latest technology that permits you to connect to your Wi-Fi network so your door can be easily controlled even when you’re away from your house. It’s ideal for those who have low ceilings as it can be mounted on the wall.
– It features advanced technology that provides you with complete control over keeping your garage secure
– Comes with safety sensors
– It can be installed in tight spaces
– Quite expensive when compared to many other garage door openers.
– Its installation can be challenging.
The LiftMaster 3255 Contractor Series Chain Drive garage door opener is arguably one of the most used door opener used around the world and this is because of its quality and budget. It’s very compatible with most other systems and can be used to replace an old or worn out garage door and can be easily installed. Furthermore, the unit is made up of durable materials and it comes with a remote control and a wall panel.
– It can be installed to replace old units with little effort.
– Its remote has a long range
– It includes metal components that can hold up to everyday wear and tear
– It doesn’t include the rail assembly.
– Some parts may need to be replaced when replacing an older unit with this option
Direct Drive 1042V004
The Direct Drive 1042V004 Garage Door Opener is quite easy to install and it very compatible for most garage doors that are 7′ and 8′ tall. The opener has a quiet design that does not vibrate during use and does not disturb others. It also comes with full installation kits that permits you to work in nearly any garage space. Furthermore, it features a wall unit and two transmitters to allow you open the door anytime.
– It includes rail for 7′ or 8′ door
– It’s unit is easy to install with included installation kit
– It comes with secure rolling code technology
– It’s opener is slower than many other options
– Has buttons that are hard to push