When we need to get smaller chunks of logs meant for firewood, we have different methods and tools of further cutting them or splitting them, one could use the traditional axe or log splitters that use gas, electricity etc. The main goal is to get the logs split, in a less stressful, yet durable and less time consuming manner. This is only possible after trees are cut down and then made into logs and then you wish to cut them further to carve up something or like earlier mentioned, for firewood.
We would however list the best rated Log Splitters in 2022 to help you make the best and perhaps suitable decision when purchasing a Log splitter as a woodworker or someone who is in dire need of it, primarily for the purpose of further splitting the log to be used in the fireplace.
Our review, we look at the affordable, durable, Easy-to-use, versatility and most especially features of these Log splitters, to get enable choose that which you fancy or find suitable for your environment or personality.
Best Log Splitter 2022
1. Champion 100251
This Log splitter has a 25-tonne horsepower force and it is quite larger than mosT log splitters, making it suitable for splitting large chunks of logs into way smaller and manageable ones. This is quite ideal for those who split logs on a regular basis and it has wheels to enable easy movement. Some of its interesting features are;
- It has an auto return
- It runs on Gas
- 300 Cycles Per Hour
- Easily Adjusts From Horizontal To Vertical
- Rugged full-length beam design
- Integrated Log Cradle
- Log Catchers Included
- Incredible horsepower
- Two-year warranty and lifetime tech support
- Cannot be used indoors due to emission
- A bit expensive than Electric logs
- Louder than Electric logs
2. Sun Joe LJ10M Logger Joe
This Log Splitter is quite efficient to work with as it is very easy to use, so if you are trying to save some money, then you should go for this. Unlike the first one, this log splitter has about 10-tonnes horsepower.
- Hydraulic Log Splitter
- Ram return spring for quick resets
- Could get jammed when using knotted logs
3. Boss Industrial ES7T20
This is a good log splitter suitable to be used at home if you need something that can cut logs for firewood to be used in your fireplace or other purposes. The lovely part of this splitter is that it can be operated with one hand and has two horse power. Few features are;
- 7 tons of splitting force
- Automatic ram return
- Cycle time for cutting is slow in comparison (19 secs)
4. Southland SELS60
If you need a larger option when it comes to cutting large chunk, this is should be your best buy as it is a great budget option. The Southland SELS60 has two seven inch wheels for easy movement.
- Integrated stroke limiter
- 1.75 HP, 15 amp induction motor
- Electric Log splitter
- Rubber coated handles
- Easy to transport and store
- Requires constant bending
5. Fiskars x27 Super Splitting Axe
If you are on a budget or you don’t usually get lots of chunk to cut per week. You shoud get this quality manual axe if you are looking to exercise a bit, this should even be less stressful as it known to be sharp and easy to use.
- Designed for one strike splits
- Ideal for taller users
- Manual log splitter
- Great for budgets
- Powerful to use
- Well designed
- Comfortable handle
- Handle could be slippery without gloves
- Gets blunt after some time
6. YARDMAX YU2566
The YARDMAX YU2566 is a professional log splitter that runs on gas, it is quite efficient and has great speed and durability. It provides good splitting power with 25 tonnes of horsepower and should be used outdoors because it is gas powered.
- Ram has an automatic return function
- Horizontal and vertical splitting
- Patent pending Log Spinner foot
- Heavy duty
- Fast and efficient
- Easy to transport
- A bit difficult to assemble and maintain
- Quite Large
7. Kindling Cracker Splitter
This is a good option if you want to make firewood kindling as it is quick and has no power option. To use this, simply put the log or wood on it and hammer, it splits it into kindling sizes. For those in search of budget friendly and less stressful option for home usage and purpose, this should be your best buy as it is easier than an axe.
- 6.5” inside diameter top ring; 12” height
- Made of high-quality cast iron
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Bolt holes for permanent mounting
- Great for indoor or outdoor use
- Durable and sturdy
- Easy and safe to use
- It can’t handle some hardwoods
- Though budget friendly, still pricey
8. WEN 56207
If you feel you don’t want to bend even a bit when splitting your log, then this is a suitable option as it comes with an adjustable stand that enables you set it to the level suitable for easy splitting. The stand can be removed if you don’t need to use it and this log splitter might not have lots of powerful features like the earlier reviewed but it is priced as valued.
- Powerful 15A motor
- 5.5-inch Never-Flat Wheels
- Side-Mounted Support Wings
- 20” beam
- Electric log splitter
- It is versatile, spacious, easy to use, portable, accurate and efficient
- Not easy to move on grass
- Doesn’t have a lasting feeling
The YARDMAX YS0552 has a good smoke limiter hence safe for the environment, you don’t need to wear a nose mask when dealing with this log splitter. It requires two hands to operate and has adjustable stands for comfort.
- Electric log splitter
- Short cylinder cycle time – 16 seconds
- Log Tray ensures split logs lay safely
- Easy and safe
- Smoke limiter
- Hard to maneuver
10. Champion 90720
This is a budget version of the bigger champion log splitter, and this will work well on regular sized logs but will take a longer period on larger logs. It has fewer features and mainly average performance level.
- Gas powered
- Low Oil Shut-Off
- Recoil Start
- Cast Iron Sleeve for Durability
- Easy to store
- Two-year warranty
- Reinforced steel wedge
- Low power
- Small wheels, hence poor maneuverability.