There’s a need for occasional pruning of broken branches and dense limbs to make the trees around you look at their best. There are many ways to tackle this issue, but the simplest and most efficient way is through the use of a pole saw. Even more, pole saws do not just cut trees but can remove foliage, twigs and large vines.
We are here to offer some assistance with regards to your choice of a pole saw to determine which one fits your needs and it’s best for you. In this article, you will find the pole saw that meets your requirements. Quality, durability, price, performance and so on, was the yardstick for this selection. Below is the list of the 10 best pole saws for 2022.
Best Pole Saw 2022
Sun Joe SWJ803E Pole Chain Saw
This is a great option that helps you prune and trim trees without the need for using a ladder. It comes with a telescopic pole capable of handling tree limbs of up to 10 inches in diameter and can go from 5.8 to 8.8ft. Also, you can easily start the pole saw by engaging the safety lock button and press on the trigger switch. Furthermore, it has an adjustable head angle that is easy to control between limbs. However, it is heavy.
- Improved cutting through a multi-angle head
- Easy to start and get to work
- Powerful motor for extreme cutting ability
- Can be fairly heavy when fully extended
Greenworks 8.5 Foot 40V Cordless Pole Saw
This is one of the top battery-powered pole saws in the market. It’s reasonably lightweight and is composed of a lithium-ion battery pack that provides a substantial amount of power to cut through moderately thick branches easily. However, its battery may sometime die earlier than normal.
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Reasonable price for those on a budget
- Features a powerful motor for a cordless model
- Unstable battery life
Remington RM1025SPS Ranger Pole Saw & Chainsaw
This is a two in one tool, hence the chain saw can be removed from the pole. It comes with a large eight amp motor that can easily cut through logs and branches as well as a chain and blade with 10 inches that allows usage with larger pieces of wood.
Also, the pole can extend to 10 ft and can be made shorter if required and comes with slip blades for lock. Furthermore, it’s composed of high-quality aluminum for durability, although the machine is relatively heavy.
- Offers a two-in-one pole saw combination
- Comes with durable 10-inch bar and chain
- Durable and long aluminum pole
- Prone to trigger jams
Black+Decker LPP120 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Pole Saw
This is a reasonably cheap machine that is battery powered and has a reach of around 12 to 13 ft. Its unique feature is that it can use any battery of other models in the line, hence you can easily swap between tools. It’s lightweight with a weight of six pounds, although its battery just lasts for 20 minutes.
- Lightweight and easy to use pole saw
- Compatible with a wide range of gardening tools
- Extends up to 10 feet in height
- Fairly short battery life can be disappointing
Worx WG309 8-Amp 10-Inch 2-in-1 Electric Pole Saw & Chainsaw
This is a versatile and affordable pole saw that has an eight amp motor and a telescopic pole to get the job done. It comes with a 10-inch bar that can easily hack through limbs and branches of around 8 inches in a few seconds. and can be dissembled, hence allows you to use the chain alone. Furthermore, it has features like oil indicator, auto-tensioning chain system and an automatic chain oil. However, it fully extended pole is a bit heavy.
- Ideal for small and medium pruning and cutting jobs
- Features automatic chain oil for less maintenance
- Compact and easy to use
- Fully extended pole can be a bit heavy
Sun Joe SWJ800E Pole Chain Saw
It has one of the best brands of blades (Oregon blade) in the market that offers an automatic oiling system, hence the blade runs smoothly even during long projects. It’s pole uses a twist telescoping handle that has a non-slip grip on the handles, hence it very comfortable to handle. Even though it might not be the most powerful pole saw in the market, it’s lightweight and has a guarantee for small and medium-size jobs. Furthermore it’s quick and the pole can reach up into the trees without any difficulties.
- Weighs in at only seven pounds
- Automatic oiler to keep your chain lubricated at all times
- Features high-quality cutting bar
- Some users feel telescoping section is flimsy
Milliard 6-16 Foot Extendable Tree Pruner / Pole Saw
This pole saw is extendable and can go from 6ft to 16ft, hence makes it far above most saws you can find in the market. It’s fully capable of taking care of your branches at home. It comes with a sharp shears and a saw that can snip and can easily cut through limbs. Its handle is adjustable and it’s lightweight as it top sections are made of aluminum even though it can easily bend. Furthermore, its handle is comfortable as it’s composed of foam grip.
- Made of lightweight fiberglass and aluminum
- Steel blade is strong and will stay sharp
- Foam grip handle is adjustable for comfort
- Aluminum may bend easier than expected
Silky New Professional Series 179-39 Hayauchi 390
This is a unique pole that can extend from 8ft to 21ft, sometimes even reach 24ft, depending on height. It has four sections and three extensions points, hence to maneuver requires concentration. The pole saw is composed of rubber and aluminum and the handle is made of rubber, hence it’s comfortable. This tool is also suitable for trimming, pruning, forestry and gardening for its maximum reach. The blade is of high quality even though they may bend and sometimes break.
- One of the longest pole saws available on the market
- Two sickle design with a comfortable rubber handle
- Blade rows are fully adjustable
- One of the most expensive pole saws available
Remington RM1035P Ranger II
This is another combination saw. It’s chainsaw can be taken off and used to chop branches into smaller lengths. It is an electric model with a 10-inch bar that can cut small or medium branches with an eight amp motor that delivers the required power you need. However, you need to close access to a power source, hence you aren’t going to get much done.
- Can cut branches up to 15 feet overhead
- Chainsaw easily detached without the need for tools
- Robust eight amp electric motor included
- Not as portable as non-electrical pole saws
Ego Power+ PSA1000
This pole saw is different from the other pole saw on this list as it has a head system that connects to the Ego Power+ PH1400. It’s very lightweight as it works with battery, has a cutting frame that uses Oregon, two gatekeepers and a Narrow-Kerf sprocket. However, it’s battery may not be very reliable.
- Features a cutting diameter of six inches and an eight-inch cutting bar
- Compatible with the Ego Power
- Offers a two-year limited warranty
- Battery may not be very reliable