If you are tired of all the cables lying randomly all over your home and you are searching for a hassle-free surround sound system for your home theater, the best thing you can do is to go wireless. Surround sound systems have been popular for quite some time.
People simply love the convenience of having cinema-like experience without going to the actual cinema. We have tried to list all the upsides and downsides of these surround sound systems and make your search much easier.
Best Wireless Sound System 2020
1. Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro
Nakamichi maybe sounds familiar to older audio enthusiasts. It was one of the biggest manufacturers of old-school cassette tape decks during the 1970s and 1980s. Some of the greatest things about this system are that it offers much more connection options than the SONOS 5.1 system, installation is relatively simple, surround sound performance is pretty good, and the price is more than affordable. Specifications include.
• Product Dimensions: 45.5 x 3.3 x 3 inches
• Item Weight: 23.9 pounds
• Shipping Weight: 34.5 pounds
• Manufacturer: Nakamichi
• ASIN: B019RD7LY8
• Manufacturer reference: SHOCKWAFE PRO
• Batteries: 2 AAA batteries required.
• it’s quite stylish.
• It can connect all kinds of audio sources to the soundbar
• it saves space and makes things a lot simpler
• It does not have bass
• The Bluetooth connection is not excellent
• There is no support for Dolby True HD
2. Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite
Here comes another surround sound system from the highly praised Nakamichi Shockwafe line. It’s called Elite7.2.4 and it’s an upgraded version of the previously mentioned Shockwafe 7.1 Pro.
Besides the obvious upgrade (2 subwoofers instead of one), this system also has more inputs, longer and more comprehensive list of supported surround sound formats, upgraded Bluetooth module, more reliable wireless connection between the soundbar and subwoofer, and an upgraded LED display (5-digit LED display instead of an array of LED lights). Specifications Include:-
• 2 Surround Speaker
• Soundbar, 2 subwoofers
• 3 power cable
• HDMI 2.0 cable x1, TOSLINK cable x1, AUX cable x1
• An upgraded soundbar with a more intuitive LED display
• The separation between the channels is pretty good
• All the drivers are protected with a semi-transparent grille.
• It doesn’t come with an auto-calibration tool
• It doesn’t come with an app that would allow you to adjust all kinds of settings
3 The Sonos 5.1 Home Theater System PLAYBAR
Sonos is one of the leaders in the wireless audio industry. This is one of the first companies that came up with the idea of wireless (wi-fi) audio equipment and brought that idea to reality. SONOS is well-known for making wi-fi smart speakers and multiroom wireless speakers but they’ve decided to expand a little bit and start making home theater systems. Specifications Include:-
• PLAYBAR weigh:- 12 pounds
• 9 drivers arranged in a phased array
• Pairing button and power cable.
• They look minimalistic and elegant.
• It’s system supports Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound
• It can stream music and podcasts from your phone
• It doesn’t support DTS 5.1 surround sound audio format
• It has only one INPUT port
4. Samsung Harman Kardon HW-Q90R
This is one of the leaders when it comes to wireless surround sound systems. They have already introduced more than a dozen different wireless systems and you can find 2 of them on this list. HW-Q line is created in cooperation with Harman Kardon. This is a 7.1.4 system wireless surround speakers. The number of necessary cables is minimized and the performance is quite amazing. Specifications Include:-
• Weighs: 60lb
• 4 power cords
• One HDMI cable
• Mounting equipment
• The system looks quite sleek
• The number of drivers built into the soundbar is amazing.
• The installation is very simple
• There’s no auto-calibration tool which is inconvenient
• It is expensive
5. LG SK10Y 5.1.2 + LG Electronics SPK8-S 2.0 Wireless Rear Speakers
Just like Samsung, LG makes wireless surround sound systems optimized for their TVs. SK10Y is another soundbar/subwoofer combo. It’s classified as a 5.1.2 system (because of the up-firing and side-firing drivers built into the soundbar) but, in our opinion, you need two additional SPK8-S 2.0 wireless rear speaker to get true 5.1.2 surround sound (although LG classified that configuration as 7.1.2). Specifications Include:-
• Surround Sound Expansion
• Wireless Connection
• Wall Mountable (Wall Mount Sold Separately)
• Compatible with SL10Y, SL9Y, SL8Y, SL7Y, SL6Y, SL5Y, SL4Y, SKM5Y sound bar models
• The system looks premium
• The installation doesn’t take time
• The remote is simple and has multifunction buttons
• It doesn’t come with an auto-calibration tool.
6. The Enclave Audio CineHome HD
Enclave audio is a small startup company established in 2013. It’s one of the youngest on the market and their first product CineHome HD 5.1 wireless surround system (or rather wireless home theater system in a box) was a great success. People from Enclave Audio tried to make the installation process as well as use as simple as possible and they really did it. Specifications include:-
• Power Supply: AC-100-240V,50-60Hz
• Top panel button: Power, Menu, Source, Mute
• They are simple in term of design
• It is easy to use
• The connection is stable
• You can’t watch Ultra-HD 4K video
• The remote really needs an upgrade.
• It has a poor design
7. The VIZIO SB3651-F6 36″ 5.1 Sound Bar System
VIZIO is probably one of the most affordable brands when it comes to wireless surround sound systems and it’s a go-to option if you’re on a budget. Their systems offer good value for money, but don’t expect them to be on par with SONOS or Nakamichi. Specifications Include:-
• Sound Bar: Size36″
• System Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 20 kHz.
• Subwoofer Speaker Size: 5.2″
• Sound Pressure Level 101dB.
• Bluetooth: Yes.
• It had a discrete surround speakers
• Smartcast app provide outstanding integration with Google Chromecast
• It has an excellent IR remote.
• The sound quality is average
• Subwoofer had trouble with dynamic bass content at a very loud volume.
8. YAS-207BL Yamaha Sound Bar
Yamaha is one of the most respected names when it comes to home theaters and home audio equipment. This is Yamaha’s first soundbar/subwoofer wireless surround sound system that supports DTS:X object-based surround sound audio tracks. This is one of the cheapest systems on this list and that’s probably because it’s not true 5.1 but it simulates surround sound . Specifications Include:-
• Product Dimensions: 4.3 x 36.7 x 2.4 inches
• Item Weight: 6 pounds
• Shipping Weight: 31.9 pounds
• Manufacturer: YAMAHA
• Manufacturer reference: YAS-207BL
• Batteries: 1 CR2 batteries required
• The setup is easy
• Good quality for the price
• The bass extension sound awesome.
• It is not reliable
• The number of inputs is very limited
9. JBL Bar 5.1 Home Theater Starter System with Soundbar and Wireless Subwoofer
JBL is one of those big players that like to be competitive in every field of the audio industry. They are already famous for making portable wireless (Bluetooth) speakers like Flip, Charge, Xtreme, Pulse. But, this is not their only area of expertise, they also make all kinds of home and car audio, headphones, etc. Specifications Include:-
• Total Maximum Power: 510W
• Max SPL: 104dB
• Frequency Response: 35Hz to 20KHz
• Soundbar Weight: 3.9kg \ 8.6 lbs
• Subwoofer Weight: 13 Kg \ 28.7 lbs
• Surround Speaker Weight: 0.6kg \ 1.3 lbs
• Installation is quite simple.
• it looks simple and stylish
• Mids and vocals don’t sound crisp and clean
10. Denon DHT-S316
Denon is well-known for its AV receivers and amplifiers but they also make other audio equipment, including soundbars, wireless subwoofers, and wireless surround sound systems. DHT-S316 is Denon’s entry-level soundbar/subwoofer combo. Specifications Include:-
• Manufacturer: Denon
• System Components: Sound bar, subwoofer
• Amplification Type: active
• Audio Amplifier: integrated
• Connectivity Technology: wired, wireless
• Built-in Decoders: DTS decoder, Dolby Digital, aptX
• Audio Formats: LPCM
• The cabinet is made of hard plastic.
• It is durable
• The installation is easy
• The remote is not backlit