Cleanmaster is a PC and Smartphone cleaning app which is used to make slow running computers and Smartphones function faster by removing junk files, cache files, unused RAM and junk notifications. it also provides privacy protection, optimization and antivirus services. Cleanmaster boasts of over 740 million users which makes it the most popular android cleaner app.
Cleanmaster is owned by Cheetah Mobile, it offers free virus scanning, automatic problem checking for new and updated apps and shows results of its scan highlighting issues and potential problems it finds. It also provides top notch malware detection and usability features.
Cleanmaster also provides other security and performance enhancement solutions for memory freeing and app permission monitoring. Cleanmaster’s most prominent features are:
- Antivirus: Protects devices with a top grade free antivirus engine, provides virus, malware, adware, spyware and vulnerability protection.
- App Manager: Provides app uninstall and backup service
- Applock: Lets you use a password, PIN or pattern to protect individual apps.
- Battery Saver: Puts inactive apps to sleep to save battery power and prolong battery life.
- Charge Master: While charging device, shows news headlines and messages.
- CPU Cooler: Reduces the device’s temperature by closing apps which cause overheating and reducing CPU usage.
- File Recovery: Can easily help you recover lost data of all file formats on your hard drive with CMPC.
- Game Booster: Increases game loading speed
- Holiday Theme: Applies themes based on currently happening holidays such as Valentine, Christmas and more.
- Intelligent Cleaning
- iSwipe- Provides fast access to other tools and apps
- Junk File Cleaner: Removes cache, junk and residual files to boost storage, speed and system performance.
- Most users complain about Cleanmaster’s misleading messages, unsolicited notifications and aggressive marketing of its other products.
- Notification Cleaner: Blocks and prevents unwanted and junk notifications which slow down your device.
- PC Boost: One click solution for unwanted startup applications, boosts booting time and provides intelligent optimization of network and system settings.
- Phone Boost: Boosts phone RAM and fixes apps behaving abnormally.
- Privacy Clean: Eliminates six different types of privacy risks with one click, deletes dangerous browsing records with its anti tracking feature and locks out intruders.
- Real time notifications
Cleanmaster software is available for free download as an Android app and PC app.
Do you need the Cleanmaster app?
We did some research into the usefulness of the Cleamaster app and this is what we found:
*Please note that this is not our personal opinion, it is sourced from the opinions of several experts and users.
- May Make Phone Performance Worse: The app consumes battery power hence nullifies its battery life-saving function because you can easily close Android apps you are not using from the multitasking menu.
- Was Useful in the Past not Now: Some experts claim the app was useful with earlier Android OS versions but has become outdated, useless and even harmful with newer improved and performance optimized Android OS.
- Is Useful for Windows PC’s but not for Android Phones: This is because Windows requires the extra RAM boost for better performance but Android has a native handler which assigns RAM space to apps and ensures RAM is used optimally. Android also tracks background apps to ensure they do not overuse the processor so there is no need to clear RAM space as it does not really boost Android OS performance. Experts also say performance boosting apps on Android close apps only to have them restarted seconds later by the OS and the process continues indefinitely which even causes more strain on the processor.
- Android Takes Care of Cache Cleaning: Newer Android phones have a Garbage Collector app pre-installed for automatically clearing cache, therefore, there is no need for another cache clearing app.
VERDICT: Cleanmaster works well as a PC Cleaner but is not recommended for use with newer Android versions.